Balancing H-Block TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a radiator with a central H-Block TRV that returns very hot and I believe needs flow reducing to help balance my system.
Problem is, it does not look like all of my other rads in terms of an obvious lockshield to turn down, and I don't recall where I bought it (10 years ago) or the brand, so I could do with some advice.
I've taken the TRV head off and I can see Drayton and Jaga brand markings, so I've gone to Jaga website and it looks like the rad is probably their Iguana Circo Corner, but I can't see any support info for the valve.
The TRV head looks similar to a Drayton TRV4 and I can see numbers inside so was wondering if flow is adjusted at the TRV like a TRV4, but it doesn't look like it has the slots for the Drayton tool.
At the other end is a cap, that when removed looks like it takes an allen key, but not sure if that's a lockshield adjustment or is holding it together, so not in a rush to touch it.
Photos attached.
PXL_20210321_172420727.jpg PXL_20210321_172512603.jpg PXL_20210321_170734124.jpg PXL_20210321_172344354.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
At the other end is a cap, that when removed looks like it takes an allen key, but not sure if that's a lockshield adjustment

Yes, adjust at the allen key valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back