Balancing Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just looking to confirm if I have got this right as I've read a few posts with varying info and am a bit confused.

I have to:

Open up all valves fully on all rads. I have some trv's fitted on return side of some rads but this shouldn't matter I think.

Find out in which order the rads heat up, the ones closest to the boiler should heat up first.

Then, in the order the rads heat up go through them and make sure there is a 10-12 degrees difference in temp between flow(this being the higher tem.) and return pipes using a thermometer and adjusting the lsv's.

If someone could confirm this I would be grateful.

Also, my bathroom rad is a bypass one and has an lsv fitted either side. Do I include this in my balancing act and follow procedure above or does it not matter?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Basically right.
The TRVs DO matter, they must all be fully open, preferably remove the heads completely. Otherwise they will be opening and closing as the room temperature changes, making a total mockery of any adjustments you are doing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back