BALL PARK FIGURE (SOUTHERNERS NEED NOT REPLY )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,joking apart this is a question for northern plumbers ,none of those fancy London rates :LOL:
How much will it cost ,ball park to have a standard boiler changed to a condensor one (18kw) both labour only and labour and materials .

Its located in a garage so no real access problems ,but are there any hidden pit falls that doing this has ,i.e upgrading of gas supplies etc .Also heard a rumour that grants were available for having this kind of change over ,is that the case?

Stands back and waits for tirade of abuse from anyone south of Watford gap ;)

Sponsored Links
Depending on system upgrades required, Including powerflush etc £2-2.5K

ball park is the worst phrase in the world, i would go anywhere between £300 ( labour only, you supply EVERYTHING, plus pay me extra for waiting time while you go and gets some of the stuff you forgot to get)for a swapover in the same position assuming it is allowed, to £3000 (supply and fit a boiler incl material) which is no use to you at all, a quote depends on too many things gas pipe size, state of rads & pipe allowing a conection to be made without flooding everywhere, condensate drain access state of electrics etc etc, you need to get someone to look and quote properly

Condenser? I thought people north of watford used coal fired stoves (dried dung in the summer months)?

:D

Sponsored Links
Condenser? I thought people north of watford used coal fired stoves (dried dung in the summer months)?

:D

DRIED DUNG WE USED TO DREAM ABOUT DRIED DUNG .Keep laughing and keep paying by the way.

The ball park figure was to give a lad at work who is getting some quotes a rough idea of what he should be paying ,thanks for those that answered ,even those that gave the traditional "tradesmans" replies .

Hi ,joking apart this is a question for northern plumbers ,none of those fancy London rates :LOL:
How much will it cost ,ball park to have a standard boiler changed to a condensor one (18kw) both labour only and labour and materials .

Its located in a garage so no real access problems ,but are there any hidden pit falls that doing this has ,i.e upgrading of gas supplies etc .Also heard a rumour that grants were available for having this kind of change over ,is that the case?

Stands back and waits for tirade of abuse from anyone south of Watford gap ;)

Depends where you are, you can a have a good job done cheaply or an expensive job done properly, depends on your budget. ;)

Dont tell me they have elastictrickery up there

blimey we are letting them norfen maankeys have it all knaa

(walks off in a pearly suit singing "doing the lamberth walk OI!" whilst eating jellied eels)

;)

(walks off in a pearly suit singing "doing the lamberth walk OI!" whilst eating jellied eels)

;)

FARK ME A GENUINE COCKENEED GEEZER.

I believe the term is Electrigamy not elastrickery ;)

The north / south devide ,about £2k a boiler fix apparently ;)

;)

The price aint that much different IMHO

Right I am aving half a britney then I am orf if me Paper to have a nice brad

:)

;)

It`s Elecktrickery as discovered by CatWeazel in the `70`s. ;)

;)

It`s Elecktrickery as discovered by CatWeazel in the `70`s. ;)

I think he invented the "telling bone" mate

:)

;)

Ay lad, 'appen I 'ad a bit of a leccy leak last wik.. But fixed it reet quick wen ah told the daft bat to ollways turn t' switch off wen pugs not in... Now then, where's me bloody whippet?

;)

Ay lad, 'appen I 'ad a bit of a leccy leak last wik.. But fixed it reet quick wen ah told the daft bat to ollways turn t' switch off wen pugs not in... Now then, where's me b****y whippet?

eeeeeeeeee thats gradely

(blimey charlie I sound like a bleedin native there, and now I have a craving for parkin!!!!!!!)

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back