Ball point pen (biro) marks on laptop cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just 2 weeks ago (after months of going without & saving up) I became the very, very proud owner of a Dell laptop with a beautiful pink cover - very girly but oh so self indulgent which is just so not like me.

But now to my problem, thanks to my 2 year old grandson this beautiful pink cover is now covered in a drawing in black ball point pen, I have to admit I cried!

I have tried 'cif' and 'cillit bang' but to no avail, please, please can anyone suggest something to remove the marks and restore it back to pristine condition (or at least mark free!).

Sponsored Links
meg - be careful about what you apply or you might damage the lid surface; do a trial on the underside of the case. Generally, methylated spirit will remove biro marks, failing that acetone (often, but not always, used as nail polish remover) can be tried but it can be a more aggressive liquid than meths so care might be needed to avoid damaging the gloss finish of the case.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back