Bamboo screening breaking in the wind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I have an issue with the bamboo screening in my garden. The screening is fixed to a chain link fence with cable ties. However when we have a very windy day the metal wire holding the bamboo screening together snaps and leaves the screening flapping around in the wind often snapping in half or completely coming off. Does anyone know or can recommend heavy duty screening or way of fixing the screening to stop the wire snapping?

Sponsored Links
show us a pic of the metal wire you mean. Is it the chainlink or the ties? Is it rusty?

Is the bamboo on the lee side of the fence?

Are you near the sea or in an exposed location?

Sorry the wire that holds the bamboo screening together is breaking. It is very thin wire, the bamboo is on the inside of the fence and it is in an exposed position as the fence is the first thing on the side of the buildings so the wind whips around the house and then hits the fence. I will get a pic up as soon as i can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back