Bamboo Suppliers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read a few guides on different types on bamboo which would result in in being less hard that advertised or the fact it has been cut too early and not matured - therefore still 'green'

Have been refering to this guide: http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/hardwoodinstaller/bamboo-introduction.htm

My questions are:

- We are going to be using natural woven type - does the green issue still exist with this type
- What price per sqm would I be expecting to pay. I have seen loads of companies on the net selling for about £25psqm+VAT - is this the average going rate or way too low?
- Not sure if we are allowed to recommend suppliers on here, but does anyone know of a decent supplier I can refer to for prices etc. They need to do the full range of accessories (stair nosing, skirting etc).
- One of the supplier guides suggested a 7-10mm gap for bamboo - does the guide by WoodYouLike (IIRC) on gaps for hardwood still apply to bamboo? My rooms are 5mx5m (lounge) and 3mx5m (kitchen - excluding existing cupboards)

Thanks for your continued expert help!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back