Ban on pork in Islington’s primary schools

Who is the customer, the pupils, the LA, the govenment, the rate payer, the parents?
The pupils.
If they don't know what they want to eat then maybe the education system needs improvement.

But the lack of pork can hardly be descibed as distasteful.
No but a fatuous reason for not stocking it may be.
After all, that is what we're discussing.

That's hardly an arguement against. Please elucidate.
Come on, you're scraping the barrel.
The fact that an item is not on the menu today is not the same as it is banned because of a section of the population having a fairy story that it should be.
Spam is off.

Next time Dex presents a bit of homework for his pupils and they respond with a "no" or a "yes", or "not the same" I suspect he'll be giving them minimal marks.
Depends on the question.

It was an economical decision not to put pork on the menu.
Ok, that's fair enough if nobody ever wanted it.

So, there is such a minority of pupil's who are allowed to eat pork it is uneconomical.
That is acceptable only as long as the authority does not go out of its way to accommodate the minority when it is the other way round.
Do you think they would?

Sponsored Links
Who is the customer, the pupils, the LA, the govenment, the rate payer, the parents?
The pupils.
I'd like Dex's opinion on that.
If they don't know what they want to eat then maybe the education system needs improvement.
It's not a question of knowing what you want. I'm sure there has been many people wanting to eat beef but ending up eating horse.
But the lack of pork can hardly be descibed as distasteful.
No but a fatuous reason for not stocking it may be.
After all, that is what we're discussing.
Schools are free to offer it if they want. It just requires more staff, more expense.

That's hardly an arguement against. Please elucidate.
Come on, you're scraping the barrel.
The fact that an item is not on the menu today is not the same as it is banned because of a section of the population having a fairy story that it should be.
Spam is off.
It isn't banned. Nor is spam, if they want it. (Did you know Spam is a trade name, like biro, hoover, etc?)
Next time Dex presents a bit of homework for his pupils and they respond with a "no" or a "yes", or "not the same" I suspect he'll be giving them minimal marks.
Depends on the question.
Well, knowing Dex it won't be a one word answer. ;)
It was an economical decision not to put pork on the menu.
Ok, that's fair enough if nobody ever wanted it.
I bet the kids, and we are talking about under elevens, didn't even notice.
"what no sausages", "yes they're over there, beef or chicken." :rolleyes:
So, there is such a minority of pupil's who are allowed to eat pork it is uneconomical.
That is acceptable only as long as the authority does not go out of its way to accommodate the minority when it is the other way round.
Do you think they would?
No it's uneconomical to provide monitoing to ensure the kids do not eat anything inappropriate. That's the crux of the matter and you keep refering to minorities, accomodating certain religions, etc.

the pork thing is all part of the gradual take over of Britain. The constant bending over backwards for muslims

It seems like squeaky didn't read, or is deliberately ignoring, the original post

"Islington Council has said pork is not banned, and if schools want to serve it they just have to call up the town hall and they will make it happen."

Do tell us, squeaky, why are you doing that?

If it's NOT banned then why do they have to ring up? Why not leave it as it is then ring up if they want to stop serving pork, or just stop serving pork.

Let's ban absolutely everything but you can ring up and opt out of the ban if you want.

Also, you don't have to print in large letters. I am not wearing blinkers.

Sponsored Links
The banning story came first so that was the title

Oh Jack, you do talk rubbish to try to find an excuse for your untrue thread title.

Was your thread title true at the time you wrote it? No.
Did you know your title wasn't true? Yes.

No it's uneconomical to provide monitoring to ensure the kids do not eat anything inappropriate. That's the crux of the matter and you keep refering to minorities, accomodating certain religions, etc.

If it wasn't for a minority religion in the first place then they wouldn't have to consider monitoring what the bloody kids eat (to make sure it's not inappropriate) So you see, religion is at the heart of the matter.

The banning story came first so that was the title

Oh Jack, you do talk rubbish to try to find an excuse for your untrue thread title.

Was your thread title true at the time you wrote it? No.
Did you know your title wasn't true? Yes.

Why do you say that handyjack is responsible for an untrue headline? He didn't write it. So do you think the headline should be:

ISLINGTON COUNCIL DOES NOT BAN PORK IN SCHOOLS

"monitoring what the bloody kids eat"

The world contains vegetarians, vegans, coeliacs, diabetics and lactose-intolerant, to mention just a few.

Some people don't want to eat factory-farmed meat or battery eggs.

So you see, religion is NOT at the heart of the matter.

You seem very intolerant of people who are not the same as you.

So do you think the headline should be:

That would certainly be a true title for his thread

Which would be a great improvement on his untrue title.

Do you for some reason prefer the Untrue to the True?

So do you think the headline should be:

That would certainly be a true title for his thread

Which would be a great improvement on his untrue title.

Do you for some reason prefer the Untrue to the True?

What I see as true, you see as untrue and that will always be the case.

You can't even blame the Daily Mail for that headline.

The world contains vegetarians, vegans, coeliacs, diabetics and lactose-intolerant, to mention just a few.

Strange then how it's only pork that comes off the menu? Parents of kids with real allergies, possibly life threatening , cope but parents who don't want their kids accidentally eating a pork sausage cos of a pretend man in the sky need the menu adjusting. Funny old world.

That is the distinct impression that I get. (Edit: in response to the previous post, which I could not believe was offensive in any way, and which was deleted during the few minutes I was typing this!)

This episode and many other reports I have read suggest that those in authority will do anything to avoid upsetting members of the ROP. I'm not absolutely sure of their motivation to do so, but I suspect that they are afraid of accusations of racism. If so, then that is a very powerful tool which people can use to get their own way.

As I have said many times, all I would like to see is EVERYONE being treated equally, yet this does not always appear to be the case. Those who do make allowances for one particular culture (and not others equally) are in danger of creating distrust and hatred, yet they seem oblivious to that consequence.

You can't even blame the Daily Mail for that headline.
I can, however, blame handyjack for starting a thread on this forum with an inflammatory title which was untrue, and which he knew to be untrue.

Perhaps he did it with the intention of creating distrust and hatred

Strange then how it's only pork that comes off the menu? Parents of kids with real allergies, possibly life threatening , cope but parents who don't want their kids accidentally eating a pork sausage cos of a pretend man in the sky need the menu adjusting. Funny old world.

Succinctly put, Mitch - I have friends who have (along with their kids) coeliac disease; unmanaged, it can cause cancer.

Sponsored Links
Back