Ban on pork in Islington’s primary schools

Do schools in Islington ban ALL food during ramadan?
What happens in schools, during Ramadan, is that those kids (of a certain faith) on free school dinners, are given specially prepared packages, which they are then expected to take home to eat after sunset. In practice, most of these end up scattered all over the playground as they know they're going to be fed at home anyway. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Muslim children are not required to fast for Ramadan until they reach the age of maturity.

You see thats what I don't understand with remarks like that. It totally demeans the children who choose to eat pork and rides roughshod over their very basic human right.
Hilarious.
Clueless.

Are you aware of what a child is within the social standing? Do you have children?

Children, are told what to do, shown what to do, on a daily basis.
Do you think it is a basic human right for kids to have mobile phones during school hours?
Do you think children should be allowed to smoke if they want to?
Do you think it demeaning for a child to be denied any other (non pork) fatty foods in school?
What do you think the consequences are of a child not being able to eat pork for a few hours? Maybe, just maybe, they will get it before or after school or perhaps at weekends and during school holidays?

I'm sure those kids will get their pork fix somehow. :rolleyes:

It wouldn't surprise me if this whole saga is down to someone in the council having a financial interest in a food supply company which for a completely different set of reasons just happens to not stock porcine goods.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Well, it looks as though forces WILL dictate although nothing to do with the market.

Eh? Are you saying that you have evidence of this starting to happen?

No, it's just a flippant remark but it wouldn't surprise me if it did ever happen. Obviously the defeatists would just roll over and accept it. Anyone happy to surrender Britain should move to France with Reindeer. At least he is in the appropriate country.

You see thats what I don't understand with remarks like that. It totally demeans the children who choose to eat pork and rides roughshod over their very basic human right.
Hilarious.
Clueless.

Are you aware of what a child is within the social standing? Do you have children?

Children, are told what to do, shown what to do, on a daily basis.
Do you think it is a basic human right for kids to have mobile phones during school hours?
Do you think children should be allowed to smoke if they want to?
Do you think it demeaning for a child to be denied any other (non pork) fatty foods in school?
What do you think the consequences are of a child not being able to eat pork for a few hours? Maybe, just maybe, they will get it before or after school or perhaps at weekends and during school holidays?

I'm sure those kids will get their pork fix somehow. :rolleyes:
No doubt it wont harm them but it is hardly the point.

Islamington council are bigots for doing this and so are you as you obviously endorse them. Same goes for supermarkets tricking people into eating Halal
meat. Bigots everywhere.

What is wrong with eating pork anyway? Seems a bit racist to me lol..

Sponsored Links
Back