Bang from multibloc valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok here goes,

I've recently (4 months ago) moved to a new build that has a pressurised hot water tank, this is new to me as all of the other houses I've owned have had combi-boilers.

My issue is as follows;

My hot water is programmed to come on twice a day which it does no problem, but I find once the tank has been heated the first time a "hot" tap is turned on the pressure is very high for a second or two followed by a thud/bang that can be heard throughout the house and I've isolated it to the multibloc valve next to the tank.
water-inlet-control-multbloc-3-6-bar-new-style-new_5.jpg

Now i understand the hot water tank will increase pressure from heating but its the bang from this valve is concerning me.

Now I could just be getting worked up over nothing and I can call the developer to get a plumber out to investigate but I dont want to be fobbed off with a rubbish excuse like "oh thats normal" when I know there is a wealth of knowledge on here that will let me know one way or another.

Sponsored Links
Stop messing around with anything in there, you need a G3 qualified engineer to work on that definitely not a Diy job

At no point have I said I've been doing anything with the system, I wouldn't anyway as its all under warranty, I just want to know know if there is likely to be a fault or not and if there is what the cause could be so I don't get fobbed of by the builders.

Certainly the combination valve shouldn't be thudding/banging at all. There is something that needs to be checked out and you need to get them back in to sort it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back