Banging boiler!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!
My boiler started banging and cutting out, the dearly beloved Dacorum Borough Council tells me that although I have 4 children in my house the "on call" plumber is busy and they dont have to come out to me for 24hrs!.....But I noticed that the pump thingy in my airing cupboard was turned down to a number 1 when we was re-wired, and I remember it being on a 2, so I put it back to that...Question is is that ok?... I would be most grateful for a quick reply.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes fine - if it works, which I doubt.

System may be short of water - or needing air bleeding out. Look for a small thing you can undo with a screwdriver or pair of pliers in the airing cupd by the HW cylinder, on a pipe poking upwards. Hope to let air out and water in. Then close it!

Could be oither things - not much to go on.

Chris,
Many thanks for your help, it seems to have worked. The boiler has stopped banging. There was quite alot of hissing before the water came out. Looks like we are not going to freeze tonight. Thank god for the internet and generous people like you
Kind regards.

Sponsored Links
Jolly good, but it was a lucky guess.
Don't bother thanking god, I'm not in his club. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back