Banging/Knocking under kitchen sink(even not used all day)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

looking for some advice. have had constant banging and knocking from im 100% sure is the incoming mains water pipes into my kitchen for the last few months. This even happens when the tap has been off for a few hours and no dishwasher and no washing machine in use and even during the night (taps not in use)

it also seems to affect the cold water pipe that leads to the only other downstairs sink, the downstairs bathroom. House is 16 years old.

Is there any solutions to this problem? I always thought water hammer or air in the pipes is made worse when you turn on and off the cold water taps but for me it seems to happen all the time, even during middle of the night!

help please thanks

Sponsored Links
ive got a normal condensing boiler with hot tank and cold tank in loft etc

i tried taking water off from stopcock under sink and letting the two cold taps run dry but its not reeli helped.

You may have a shared cold water supply and water hammer is occurring when the neighbours use the supply.

Pete

Sponsored Links
you reckon just keep trying to take off water and drain down the cold taps a few times to get air in and if doesnt go away then call the plumber?

aslong as it isnt anythin dangerous that isnt going to ruin my pipes or anythin!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back