Banging noises in my Baxi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi Boston 2 80RS Boiler. It all started when I called in the heating engineer to Power flush the system. 2 days after (back last April) I noticed the last radiator was not getting hot, not even warm. I called them back and they tried to balance the system (which was working perfectly before). They came around for a few days but they couldn't solve the problem, they told me that there must be trapped air somewhere and it would eventually work its way out of the system. It hasn't and they have given up. I was also charged for a new pump, but that didn't solve anything. I now need to make sure that the system is working correctly for this winter. I am getting rumblings from the Boiler, when the boiler is on for the water. Does that tell anyone what the problem may be?? Is there an air vent on the boiler maybe??

Sponsored Links
why was the system powerflushed ?
did you have quotes ?
did you take the cheapest ?
when the system was flushed, what was contracted ?
your talking about 3 months ago, hopefully not 15 months ago.
why are you not back on the phone every day ?
i assume you have had a new pump fitted & are not claiming otherwise.

Hi spacethegas.
Been away just got back hence the delay.
In answer to your questions,
1. Had it flushed as what I thought would be good maintenance procedure.
2. I did have the one quote, from the people I have used in the past.
3. What was contracted? Power flush the system and put in some sort of preserver, I think they called it.
4. Just a few months ago. Obviously now its the summer it hasn't been a problem, I am now trying to make sure its OK for this winter. As for being on the phone every day, I was. They came back a few times, said the air would eventually work its way out. Eventually I got tired of telephoning them as they were not prepared to come out again.
5. Yes I had a new pump fitted, didn't resolve the problem.

I still get the knocking noises from the boiler when the water is being heated. Is there some sort of "De scaler" that perhaps I should put in to try and get rid of the banging.

its quite possibly air.
try turning to c/h only.
turn off all the other rads.
what happens ?

Sponsored Links
There are different degrees of power flushing and competence.

It takes about at hour to set up and then about 15 minutes per radiator and another hour to set it back to normal operation and to test it.

It sounds as if you need a competent heating engineer. People running hotels should not employ bodgers!

I was once called on a cold Friday evening about a failed boiler in a 45 room full hotel ! They only had one boiler for CH and HW and they had sacked the firm that used to maintain it. To make things worse it was a German boiler of a little known make !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back