Baxi Boiler banging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my wall mounted Baxi Boiler starts & runs for about 1 min then starts to make banging noises & the boiler turns off, the overheat light doe's not come on,if left for 15 mins the boiler will come on again & start banging then cut out. i had a new pump fitted last year & there is no air in the rads. What can be the problem??

Sponsored Links
sounds like a problem with circulation. Check header tank, pump and then make sure the system refills when empty

could be lack of water/circulation. need a few more details of boiler and system.

Sponsored Links
drain some water from the system and check the header tank starts refilling to replace it.

i have just drained down the system a little bit until the header tank was nearly empty & then refilled the system ,I could hear the water ruinnig in the pipe from the header tank & it filled The system back up.

IF the pump is definately working, then there must be a blockage somewhere, I'd start by looking at the pump/valves

earlier this year i had trouble with the boiler over heating & switching off,So i had a heating engineer Power flush the system & fit a new pump. Could the Blockage be in the boiler & if so can it be fixed??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back