banging boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could you pls help me. i have a baxi solo 40/4 rs boiler which keeps banging. The pilot light will come on and it will blow on to full power for few mins until the boiler and pipe start banging up to the header tank, then swithes back to the pilot light. Im wondering if there is anything i can do before buying a new one. Im abit worried as i have no heating and have a four year old with us ? hope you can help, best regards, andy

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your quick replys, Yeah there is water in the header tank and the pump seems to be working ok. ive stripped the pump down today and cleaned it and its turning ok.

Sponsored Links
have you bled the radiators? could be air. what sort of pump is it? can you take the end cap out and check operation while there is power on to it? (to prove it works, it might spin freely by hand but still be faulty).

you've probably got a blockage in the cold feed, therefore the tank is full and the pump is running but there's not enough water for it to push around.

try bleeding the upstairs radiators, if they don't bleed the cold feed is blocked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back