Bar mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm replacing my bar mixer control and I don't know what to get. I've replaced similar before, but have always been connected using an olive compression connections.
This one is screwed directly onto the pipe.
Any help would be appreciated. Dave
Photos attached

Attachments

• 20240515_185200.jpg
    20240515_185200.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20240515_185141.jpg
    20240515_185141.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240515_185050.jpg
    20240515_185050.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 26
Sponsored Links
They look like dog leg connectors, unless you change the pipework, you’ll probably need the same type or reuse those.

Hi, the connector going to the mixer looks like 22mm and the connector in the wall looks like 15mm. I thought that all connections where 15mm. Can you get a 22mm mixer connection?

I've always had 15mm connectors to a mixer, but this dog leg has a 15mm in the wall and looks a 22mm connecting to the mixer. All the mixers I've looked at seem to be 15mm. I'm a little confused.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Bar mixers generally have 3/4" connections which this one looks like it has. A new one should be a straight swap over. They usually come with shrouds which screw on first. I'd be filling around the pipes with silicon before screwing on the shrouds then mounting the shower.
Most professionals these days would install using mounts that screw to the tiles and contain a 15mm compression fitting to seal to the pipe. The final fitting to the shower, however, is 3/4".

• Thanks
They're all standard thread and 99% of times 150mm between hot and cold pipe.
Just make sure you don't twist the dog leg when undoing the large chrome nut, hold it.

The dogleg connectors are awful and don't actually support the mixer. They also rely on a threaded joint within the wall which is a potential leak point. In this case you will have to re-use what's already there unless you want to be breaking out tiles.

Which bar mixer to buy depends on your supply pressures. If you are low pressure, check minimum pressure requirements. High pressure such as combi, pump or unvented cylinder, you'll be ok with anything. If its for a rental, stick in something cheap such as a swirl from Screwfix. If its more upmarket, you can go for a more expensive branded option. Are they any better? They should be but I'm not convinced.

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back