Bar mixer valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently fitting a mixer valve shower, the valve connects to the hot and cold feed via dogleg connectors. My question is I cannot fully tighten the dog leg connectors as they rotate out of position when they are tightened. My description may sound unusual but if you have used these fitting you will know what I mean. I think the way to use these connectors is with PTFE tape and get them as tight as possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
yes use ptfe or liquid ptfe, but i can't see how they are moving if you hold the dogleg with adjustables and tighten the nut with adjustables.

What have you got the dogleg connectors coupled up to on the fixed pipework?

I have just installed pipework for the same thing and used tap connectors.

I was able to tighten the nut on the tap connector, while I held the dogleg connector in position with a spanner, on the square part in between the two threads. This seemed to work fine.

I have connected the dog leg fittings to 90 degree elbows which have a fixed nut on the end hence I have to rotate the dogleg fitting to tighten it. I think the PTFE will do the trick just wanted to check.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back