bar shower fixing kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to fit a grohe tempesta bar shower.

The pipework's already in place, using a shower pl8.

I gather the dog leg fixings supplied be grohe are worth avoiding, and I have a pair of connectors supplied with the pl8.

However, as an amateur, would I be better getting a mira fitting kit, to finish the job?

It's a fixed head shower, so I want it perfectly level, and the mira looks to be easy to adjust.

Suggestions please.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Also, just been looking at the shower plate connectors and the threaded part which goes into the valve has a hex profile. ie, it's not round and doesn't make full contact with the valve's threads.

Is the seal just provided by the fibre washer/gauze?

With the pl8, I believe you have to use the supplied fittings because you are connecting to 15mm copper tube rather than a threaded connection. I have never had a problem with the seals though, always been good. They are that shape so you can hold them with a spanner whilst doing up the compression nuts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back