shower bracket- width reducer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

I have bought a T-bar shower set (grohe tempesta cosmopolitan 160). The T bar requires the hot and cold feeds to be a 150mm centres.

The builders have done the first fix work. The wall has been plastered up and tiled. The pipes ar at 155mm centres and theres no fitting to fix S Union connectors onto.

Is there anyway of sorting this out without removing the tile and re-positioning the pipework ?

thanks in advanvce

Attachments

• image0 (6).jpeg
    image0 (6).jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 56
Sponsored Links
Spec suggests should be ok as 150 measurement is +or- 15.

Attachments

• 7D720395-F6C2-4A42-8ED3-F43B7B3C089D.png
    7D720395-F6C2-4A42-8ED3-F43B7B3C089D.png
    378.2 KB · Views: 42
foxhole - the pipes wont line up with the t bar without using s union connectors. But how do i fit these on copper tails ?
Ive seen fast fix brackets on the internet but these will only work if the tails are 150mm apart.

You can't do anything other than alter the pipe centres to 150 mm. The adjustment +/- 15mm relates only to using off set ,dog leg,adaptors . And they don't fit onto copper pipes.

Sponsored Links
How much clearance in the tiles ,around the pipes ?
You may be able to bend the plastic pipes 2,5mm each if the tile holes will allow it.

There’s about 2 mm gap around the tails. I can point the end of the tails closer together but can’t really push them closer together at the tiles to ensure they remain parallel.

Carefully chip the tile holes to allow extra movement. Its plastic pipe pipe in the wall so there should be some flex. If you can get the movement, the fixing kit will hold the pipes parallel and they will be large enough to cover the enlarged holes. Other than that, it'll be removing a tile or 2 to access the pipes and allow a bit more movement. If the tile adhesive hasn't fully hardened, this may not be too difficult.

I'd have a nice chat with the builders, I think it's their mistake. They may have the tools (dremel and diamond cutter) to trim the tile a little to allow the pipe to be moved enough.

Did they know what shower was to be fitted? IMO the pipes should have been fixed @ 150mm if they were leaving tails like that, unless they fitted wall plate elbows to allow S/Z connectors to be fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back