Bar stool marking Amtico flooring - any suggestions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The bar stools I have are really marking up the Amtico flooring in the kitchen. They are swivel bases (big round base) and I have tried protective pads but due to the limited rim of the base they can stick to they just keep coming off.

Any suggestions on something else that can be used on the base to stop or limit marking?

Sponsored Links
I think almost anything you use is liable to mark the flooring but you could try glueing some carpet upside down to the swivel base. Perhaps you could use velcro strips to attach it.

could you fill the base with some kind of levelling compound to give a bigger surface area?
Then apply the felt pads afterwards?
Either a wooden disc/circle fixed with grip fill or similar or some filler like substance poured in and flattened?

Thanks all, after digging around on the internet it would seem a cheap and useful solution is to glue some U-shaped rubber gasket around the base. Just bought 4m on ebay for a fiver!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back