Can I lay amtico over amtico

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I've recently had an amtico floor laid in my kitchen - looked fab but ...... I have recently got a puppy and the lovely light coloured floor is driving me nuts - yes I could clean it countless times a day, but I am seriously considering replacing it with something darker !

Can amtico be laid over existing amtico ? The floor was levelled before hand

Any advice would be much appreciated

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
No mate you can’t. Need to uplift it and if the screed stays down you might get away with using a feather finish screed.
Or get a product like Karndean loose lay which can go on top.

Thanks for your reply - I was lead to believe it might be possible by using a different adhesive ?

I’ve done it on my own floor. Would never do it for a customer but if you want to have a go use Fball F46 adhesive

Sponsored Links
Has that turned out ok ?? Not planning to fit myself, but I'm also not buying from amtico retailer, so warranty kinda irrelevant

It was ok yes but you can see the lines off the bevel of Karndean show through.

New tiles are pretty dark, so hoping maybe they wouldn't show - plus old tiles are bigger than new

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back