Bargain!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I was tracking this little gem on the bay, had a poor description and no one seemed interested in buying it... The description just had 'Makita Drill'. On closer inspection I could see this was the much sought after HR160D 12V SDS drill! (they normally fetch over £80)
Had been looking for a compact cordless SDS for those small odd jobs in masonry and pulling out the big corded 2450 was too much of a pain arse. This is perfect for my needs. The drill however didn't work when it came to me which was a bit of a blow. Anyway took it apart and found that the switch gear was all misaligned, which was pretty straight forward to correct, still didn't work. Then cleaned up the contacts and all came to life! Was well chuffed! Just needs another 12v battery and I'm set.

dsc01992mediumcg9.jpg

cost ~ £15!! :cool:

My faith in Ebay has been restored! :LOL:

So keep a look out for them bargains with crap descriptions! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well, it looks a bit fooked. But as they say don't judge a book etc etc .....

Well the looks is the last thing on my mind, if its there and kind of working Its got hope! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back