Barn Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
First thanks for all your help previously

Ok now i,m getting a bit ambitous :D
Have an old barn 200 years old in fact thats 15ft by 26ft internal walls
Used to have aspestos corrigated sheets on it have taken them of as well as all joists so now have nothing up there :eek:
Looking to replace with new roof have spoken to local timber yard who are very helpful.
I have two gable ends (only just found out what they where lol) so think my best route is base plate then 2x6 timber with 2x4 to make the triangle with a (sorry can,t remember what it,s called) 2x4 running between each gable end as it,s old it has 13" walls so have been told it,s perfect way to do this, also as it,s so old it,s not 100% straight so i can make up the joists as i go.
Does this sound about right

Also whats the best thing to use as corigated sheets as i intend to ply the insides then polystyrne for insulation then the roof but looking round there seems to be lots of different types and it has to be corigated to match what was there before thats my only planning worry it has to look as it did before

I,m looking to turn it into a work shed so i get out from under her feet and stop getting moaned at about walking sawdust ect into house from garage :rolleyes:

Any help or advice would be great

Thanks
Marty

Sponsored Links
You can buy PVC Superbox Plastic Corrugated,GRP Corrugated sheets or PVC Corrugated Plastic Roof Sheets all of which come in box section profile and would do the job well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back