Removing asbestos roof from 60ft x 30ft barn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have a property with a couple of barns one of which has asbestos roof sheets. Im looking to swap this out sometime in the future. Can anyone tell me if the council would take this amount away for free? Its a residential property not commercial but also I understand its a hella lot of roof. Also if I do have to pay can anyone give me a rough indication of how much it will be?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Phone your local skip company and ask how much dedicated skip for Chrysotile Asbestos is.

Failing that, multi drop at tip once it's been wrapped and taped.

I would also view a barn as commercial.

The last time I had a 6 yd for Asbestos slate it was in the region of £1300.00 plus vat you will need many.
Best phone around

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. Might have to stack it in the field then remove it in dribs and drabs down the local tip. I thought I read it could be buried at the bottom of a soakaway or something. I dont want to contaminate the land as we use it for grazing sheep.

Can someone tell me what yd is? yards?

Thanks for the replies. Might have to stack it in the field then remove it in dribs and drabs down the local tip. I thought I read it could be buried at the bottom of a soakaway or something. I dont want to contaminate the land as we use it for grazing sheep.

Can someone tell me what yd is? yards?
In terms of skips its the cubic capacity.
litl

thats cheap!

It is, probably an unfair comparison if i'm honest, as we spend upwards of a million a year on skips, but more trying to identify what they make out of the 'A' word to your everyday fellas.

OP,
"yards" here roughly means one cubic metre - ie. 12 yards equals 12 cubic metres capacity in the skip.

It is, probably an unfair comparison if i'm honest, as we spend upwards of a million a year on skips, but more trying to identify what they make out of the 'A' word to your everyday fellas.
I was informed about a company that charged by weight I think they dropped off 12 yders which sounds a similar costing as yours ..but I thought it was BS lol . obviously not.
In this area companies that deal with it are few and far between.
Also local tips here now charge per bag.

I was informed about a company that charged by weight I think they dropped off 12 yders which sounds a similar costing as yours ..but I thought it was BS lol . obviously not.
In this area companies that deal with it are few and far between.
Also local tips here now charge per bag.

Might be worth talking to Merryhill down your way, they do all our Asbestos removal/disposal on our Southampton contract, extremely good value against some we have used.

Sorry OP, bit off topic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back