Barriered Plastic Piping?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just given a plumber the keys to my house so that he can spend the afternoon running the pipework for my central heating system.

The problem is, he came into the house with armloads of plastic pipe. Now he said there would be no problems, but I've looked elsewhere in this forum and I see that plastic pipe needs to "barriered" in order to be suitable for a central heating system.

Can anyone tells me what barriered pipe looks like compared to non-barriered before I go back and part with the readies?

Sponsored Links
Almost certain to be these days as the cost is low, but basically if you look at the end of the pipe you should see the pipe in 3 sections in layers, middle section is the barrier.

Sponsored Links
Hep20 barrier has red writing on the side saying so, the standard pipe has blue writing but can be used for CH as long as a suitable inhibitor is used, no problems with either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back