Base for garden shed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need some advice for making a base for a 6 x 4 wooden shed, it is going to be used as a dog kennel in the daytime. I will be using 18 x 18 standard patio slabs, can someone advise on the best sub-base along with the quantities. I do have some decorative 20mm shingle that is spare, can i use this as hardcore or is it not sufficient?

Sponsored Links
i'm a diyer, but i think for the kind of use you have planned, as long as the soil is solid, and you get the slabs level, you don't need to do much.

Perhaps lay the slabs on a sand and cement dry mix to level them but nothing more really...

not being funny but if your using a shed as a kennel is it correct for the job
assuming you want the animal to be comfortable it should have a small opening and no more than the needed head clearance so the animal can heat its own space with its body heat
if the space is 3 times higher and twice the size then additional heating will be required
i off course appologise iff i have misunderstood :D :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks for advice, yes the shed will be converted to suit my dogs needs, it was just the base i had a question with :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back