Basement costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for looking

Hi Guys wanted to share my experience so far….Im building a new build property with basement, I’ve had quotes as high as 170k for my basement at a waterproof shell stage ready for the other trades, ie brick layers etc.

I’ve had one quote in, using waterproof concrete caltitle, this firm has given me a price for a complete package for a waterproof structure do you guys feel he has overcharged anywhere

Ive since decided to go down the tanking route as it seems the most reliable.

Ive attached rough basement plans & quotation ive had, the shaded in green bit on the plans is the part of the basement that projects under the garden area.

I have since decided to try and sub contract each stage to cut costs rather than contract the whole basement to one firm, ie piling/groundwork's muck away to one company....then formwork concrete pours to another…..tanking water proofing last stage, are these the correct stages? does anyone know of any other ways to bring down the costs, anyone have a rough idea of cost for a new build basement using the tanking system roughly 115sqm up to a shell only with tanking in place...

Thanks for your valuable time :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Nope your links above blocks permission to view and your album pic is very small, the footprint drawing is minuscule. The quote is just big enough to read and the one thing I can glean is there's no breakdown as to tonnage etc.
But you could read through this - http://www.homebuilding.co.uk/advic...l-it-cost-getting-out-of-the-ground...pinenot :)

hey mate thanks link was very help especially the info below. which is around the same size of my basement.

A full 120m² basement would result in around 300-400m³ to be cleared: expect it to cost £5,000 upwards, just to excavate and cart away the earth. -

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back