Basement finishing -insulation/ plasterboard combo?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a plan after checking through all ( well quite a few) of the previous postings and just wondered of an expert eye could suggest if its ok or needs modification?

My plan is to apply Kingspan to the walls of my basement. Not sure if i can stick it direct to wall or if i have to use 10mm batons to staple it to.
I then plan to have batons 50mm at 450mm intervals between the kingspan which i will put a membrane (heavy duty polythene sheet ok? or the stuff you buy at wickes)over to seperate from a finish of plaster board.

Does this sound ok? Can I just stick the kingspan to the wall eliminating the 10mm batons? What problems may i encounter? The idea behind the membrane was that any condensation would be seperated from the plasterboard?

Thoughts?

And can i say thank-you to this forum as a whole.. You've answered so many questions and given me the confidence to 'have a go' with the amount of information ane experiences contained on it!
Cheers
Matt

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back