Insulating bay window roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im having the front rooms of the house re plastered next week so i am making any improvements i can while i have the chance.

the upper-bay itself is single-skin brick/timber and tile fronted.
The plasterer is going to build-out a timber frame, and ill use kingspan or similar to insulate between the frame, and insulated plasterboard to finish.

For the roof area - will 50mm kingspan between the batons be sufficient and leave the eaves area above untouched? or should i be packing the area with rockwool?

IMG_20180630_105949.jpg IMG_20180630_110000.jpg

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Sponsored Links
Is that a pitched roof to the bay? And is there any ventilation in the void?
You should probably maintain an air gap under the felt through to the eaves- if you can get the usual roof thickness (250mm rockwool) in there without compromising the airflow under the eaves then do it (50mm solid is about the same as 100mm rockwool so you can save a bit of height there)

The bay itself is flat roof the gap is the eaves of the house roof. I'm thinking 50mm kingspan like this will be enough? That will maintain airflow round the eaves yet still provide useful insulation in the room?
15303694408964769012698332114134.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back