basement floor structure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm in the process of converting my basement into a bedroom/ensuite. planning was approved (as this is part of a development to a listed building) and suggested a floor made up of 50mm oversite concrete / 25mm blinding / preprufe 300r membrane / 100mm steel reinforced concrete / 56mm kingspan insulation / 75mm screed.
the problem is that i have been advised (by the rep of grace who produce preprufe) that because the floor level is below water level it would be impossible to tie into the tanked walls

what i have decided to do is tank the walls and floor with a sika rendor

the problem is this - how does this effect the floor construction?
i've had to dig down to create the headroom and am looking to create a solid floor whilst keeping the depth to a minimum.

i now plan the floor to be:-
50mm oversite concrete / 100mm steel reinforced concrete / 40mm tanking / 56mm kingspan insulation - what is the minimum thickness to screed and create a stable strong floor??

room is 3 x 6.5 metre

thanks for reading

tim

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back