Tanking - floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm in the process of converting my basement into an extra room - I have had a quote from a damproofing company which was to tank 2 external walls with seika (these walls have earth against the other side) and inject the other two with damp proof chemicals (one wall is a breeze block partition wall to next door and the other wall has approx 400mm of soil (ground level) the other side)

my question is this - if the finished floor is below ground level should the floor be tanked?

the floor contruction is 50mm weak concrete, 25mm blinding, **preprufe 300 r membrane** 100mm insulation, 100mm concrete, 75mm screed

hope i have provided all the information neccesary

Thanks

Tim

Sponsored Links
The "preprufe 300 r membrane" is a waterproof layer by Grace thus it already is waterproof. The quoted procedure with Sika and injection sounds about right and Sika normally provide a guarantee on their products.

Sponsored Links
It depends if the Preprufe is tied into the rest of the damp-proofing. Sometimes it is best to tank internally with something like Sika or Vandex Super if you are not sure of the quality of the waterproofing design or installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back