BASEMENT SHOWER/EN-SUITE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are moving my daughter downstairs. which, because of the house being on a 'rock face', is half under the main house. THere is good access and we are making a small en-suite area. The ideal was a wet room arrangement but cos of lack of headroom and solid floors we are trying to modify. I would welcome some ideas about the use of SANIFLO for Toilet/Washbasin/shower. We have been told if we use a shower tray, we will end up with a plastic one cos these adjust to allow for the drain. My thoughts are to form the shower base in concrete with drain exit. This would enable me to put height as required. I would like to hear from anyone who has done a similar project or has experience of products that might help.
The other item I would like to hear about, relating to this project, is the use or availability of a single front panel, preferably glass, to form a doorless entry to shower in alcove.
I hope I'm not rambling too much and someone can pick bits out of this to shine some light in my direction.
Cheers. :?:

Sponsored Links
cheers kevplumb, that makes sense. It sounds like you have experience of Saniflo...The only other plumber I've spoken to about the SANIFLO PRO(for toilet, shower and w/basin) seemed to think they don't work...Should I be concerned about this?

Sponsored Links
never had any real problems with saniflo's exept the obvious
I would do the discharge in solvent weld and make sure its well clipped
if as i assume it is being a basment the waste is rising to the existing drain you will need a non return valve fitting in the discharge side other than that seems a fairly straight forward job
hope this helps ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back