Basic central heating switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone recommend a basic central heating switch?

There's currently a 2-channel switch which does central heating and water, but require something basic for an elderly person who just wants to be able to switch the heating on/off as required.

It doesn't necessarily have to be able to heat water as there is an independent immersion heater switch.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Leave the heating switched to 'constant' and control via the thermostat.
Is the thermostat part of the 2-channel central heating switch already installed; or something separate?

edit: I think perhaps the thermostat is something separate but is located out in the boiler house, therefore not convenient for regular use using the method described above.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sure that's not a frost stat?
Room stat needs to be in the living area if there's not one there, get one put in.
Can't imagine why there's not!

I find that highly unlikely. If it was in the boiler house, it would turn the heating off long before the living areas were up to temperature

I'll look into that further. Is it possible that heating system does not have a thermostat?

I'll look into that further. Is it possible that heating system does not have a thermostat?

Anything is possible! Need more info on how they have always controlled the heating & some photos of install.

It doesn't necessarily have to be able to heat water as there is an independent immersion heater switch.

Thanks.

It does if the elderly person is as short of money as most. Electricity costs three times as much as gas, so never use the immersion when you have a gas boiler available.

It does if the elderly person is as short of money as most. Electricity costs three times as much as gas, so never use the immersion when you have a gas boiler available.
Okay - I didn't realise that.

It's an oil boiler which they have - not sure how that compares to gas price?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back