ravensheat boiler problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

I wonder is someone could please give me some advice about a problem with a ravensheat boiler, please. basically, when i have it switched on the hot water switch alone (i.e. not the central heating and water switch) it doesn't get hot. the only time i can get hot water it by having the central heating on too. however, the faster i have the tap on the colder it is. in a nutshell, i can't get any hot water when it's on the water switch alone, and i can only get really hot water by having the central heating on as well and having the tap running slow.

if anyone could help that'd be apprecaited.

cheers,

Kins.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear you have a Ravenheapofshite, what model is it? Has this problem developed gradually over time or just started suddenly?

Sounds like whoever installed your boiler did a rather poor job; system not cleaned and the residue has caused corrosion which has buggered your diverter would be my first guess.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like whoever installed your boiler did a rather poor job; system not cleaned and the residue has caused corrosion which has buggered your diverter would be my first guess.

not too sure who fitted it, it was in when i bought the house.

is it repairable?

Everything can be repaired (according to my website at least) as long as spares are available.
Your system probably needs cleaning (fairly safe bet with ravenheaps) and diverter should be readily available.

The answer to your next question is: we don't do quotes/estimates on here.

Everything can be repaired (according to my website at least) as long as spares are available.
Your system probably needs cleaning (fairly safe bet with ravenheaps) and diverter should be readily available.

The answer to your next question is: we don't do quotes/estimates on here.

now, ben, who said i was going to ask for a quote :D . as long as i know it can be repaired then I'm happy.

i've bought another bolider (second hand) but don't want to use if needs be. it's a biasi.......tin hat at the ready.

cheers for the advise, ben.

Late returning to the party but agree with what's been said above.

As for the second-hand Biasi, apart from being another crap make it may well not be possible to install it as all boiler installs must now be A-rated condensing boilers only, so if it's not A-rated you've bought yourself a box of spares for a boiler you don't own

Late returning to the party but agree with what's been said above.

As for the second-hand Biasi, apart from being another crap make it may well not be possible to install it as all boiler installs must now be A-rated condensing boilers only, so if it's not A-rated you've bought yourself a box of spares for a boiler you don't own

cheers for the above.

i take it if the biasi isn't an a-rated condensing bolier then the plumber will know this and let me know this prior to installing?

Or, more accurately, he will let you know prior to refusing to install... If you post the model number we should be able to tell you now actually

Riva Compact - 78.2% efficient, Band D, it's a good few years since it's been legal to fit these!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back