ravensheat boiler problem.

I'm afraid you've bought yourself a (hopefully not too expensive) box of bits

Sponsored Links
It's against the Building Regulations to fit a non-A-rated boiler, so yes technically it is illegal to fit it. Up until October 2010 a B-rated boiler was acceptable, but it's been a long time since it's been acceptable to fit D-rated ones.

As your Ravenheat is already fitted, and was presumably fitted to the regs in force at the time, it is perfectly fine. Incidentally it's E-rated, so a bit worse than the Biasi, just in case you're interested

thanks for the advise, chaps. much appreciated. i'll stick with the ravensheat until i get something better.

btw - i didn't pay much for it.

p.s anyone need spares for a biasi?!

Stick it on eBay, someone might be daft enough to buy it, failing that your local scrap merchant might give you a tenner for it

Sponsored Links
I would say the diaphragm has worn in your giannoni diverter valve. Giannoni diverter valves have been fitted to Worcester, Halstead, Potterton, Sime, Ariston and Glow Worm boilers. The fact that it has failed is probably due to it reaching the end of its working life.

A Gas Safe Registered Engineer should fit a full new manufacturer supplied diverter valve.

Fit the above mentioned diaphragm kit at your peril. From experience pattern parts like that don't always last as long but could at least tide you over for a bit if money is an issue.

I would say the diaphragm has worn in your giannoni diverter valve. Giannoni diverter valves have been fitted to Worcester, Halstead, Potterton, Sime, Ariston and Glow Worm boilers. The fact that it has failed is probably due to it reaching the end of its working life.

A Gas Safe Registered Engineer should fit a full new manufacturer supplied diverter valve.

Fit the above mentioned diaphragm kit at your peril. From experience pattern parts like that don't always last as long but could at least tide you over for a bit if money is an issue.

thanks for the above,SBDC, much appreacited. I've been told that this may be The problem. When you say repair it at your own peril, what do you mean exactly – that it will break again? If so, how long is it likely to last if I do get it repair? Also, if this is the fault, would this be easily detectable for a gas engineer if I got one round? One more, and I’m not too sure if I’m meant to ask this, so apologies if I’m not, but how much is this likely to cost to repaid?

Finally, am I’m risking anything buy having it on central heating in order to get hot water i.e. am I causing long term damage by not getting the above fixed? Apart from my gas bill!!

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Kins.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back