basic question

Sponsored Links
And you don't have access to any sinks you can go and check ? Hang on, I'll go and check for you........

And you don't have access to any sinks you can go and check ? Hang on, I'll go and check for you........
the taps are the opposite way around from upstairs and downstairs :rolleyes:
so not sure wich ones were right
thanks for the advice

Sponsored Links
Hot tap is ALWAYS on the left, reason being is that it is meant to be for the blind

Hot tap is ALWAYS on the left, reason being is that it is meant to be for the blind

erm..... i'm sure in the water bylaws it says hot on the left cold on the right, however it is a convention to fit the hot tap on a bath on the side furthest to reach so in some cases the hot will be on the Right

we were always taught hot on the left but as also posted above this changed on the bath depending on which way round it was, hot always to the inside so that if a child turned a tap on it would be the nearest and cold, not sure if that is the real reason but it does make sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back