Basin fixings Fischer bolts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just me, or do you think manufacturers should tape the fixings to the basin, the basin I fitted last week could only be fixed using the fischer bolts, I think they should be supplied as part of the basin :evil:

Sponsored Links
Is it just me, or do you think manufacturers should tape the fixings to the basin
I bought a semi-ped basin from asset interiors in kings lynn after getting one of their mailshots. was cheap enough but no fittings, but i bought them for a few quid from pts. The semi-ped shroud actually cost more than the basin, go figure!

Yeah, funny that, never any fixings supplied.

You can be sure that if they did supply fixings, it would be a small plastic bag with a couple of red rawlplugs and 1 inch screws!

Sponsored Links
they dont supply fixing so that they dont have to be liable for the thing falling off the wall, the onus is then on the installer to fit the thing using suitable fixings

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back