Longer fixing bolts for semi-pedestal basin.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fixing a semi-ped basin on 12.5mm plasterboard which is screwed and glued to the old plastered brick external wall.

I have some Fischer WST140 (140mm bolts) already, which I don't think are going to be quite long enough.

If you add everything up it only leaves about 40mm penetration into the wall plug. I would have thought at least 65mm would be necessary.

I don't have experience of fixing a semi-ped before. Naturally I want the fixing to be as good as possible as the basin is damn heavy, Ideal Standard Purity 550mm by the way.

Anybody know of any longer fixings than the Fischer 140?. I believe these are their longest anyway.

Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
why dont you cut out sufficient gyproc and fit timber pad to brick with fischer fixings then screw fischer fixings into timber to hold basin

Sponsored Links
My thoughts are along the lines of a 'Rawlbolt' or similar type of shield anchor, but replace the bolt (if necessary) with a piece of studding of appropriate length for the job in hand.
You could put in the fixing as deep as you like, counterboring the soft stuff oversize. Run a nut up the stud to cinch up the anchor, leaving the nut buried in the counterbore. Then you would have a piece of studding poking out the wall ready to take the basin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back