fixing basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
not sure if this is in the right forum, but here goes.
just installed new basin with half pedestal the problem is that the fixings supplied dont seem to be long enough to accomodate both the basin and half pedestal.
the fixings are fischer fixings with 140mm stud screws. the basin comfortably goes on but when you try to accomodate the half ped on the same fixings there is not enough thread potruding to fit the plastic bushes on.
i have tried to find longer stud screws but they are only available with a larger diameter, so unsuitable for the bushes.
bear in mind that i am fixing the basin and ped over tiles.
so, maybe you are expected to tile around it?????
any suggestions appreciated

Sponsored Links
The nylon part goes into the slots of the basin then a machine thread nut fits on after to retain the spring hooks. If the parts were all supplied together and there isn't sufficient length for this to happen have you gone too far into the wall?

Anyhow if you are trying to hard with your depth into the wall, clean the tiles and the back of the basin with meths, apply silicone assemble fast and hold in place with the screws provided. leave 24hours and you couldn't get it off the wall even if you took the screws out and jumped up and down on it, the tiles would pull off the wall before the silicone let go.

Toolsdirect sell these types of fittings seperately, pts sometimes have them, worth a look at screwfix catalogue. You might find some of better diameter to the length you require.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replies fellas.
i probably have gone to deep into the wall, so i thought that maybe if i could get a longer stud screw, say 160mm size m10 then that would be ok. but looked everywhere and anything over 140mm is size m12. anyone know where i might get the size am looking for?
looked on screwfix, toolsdirect and pts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back