SMALL basin question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve fitted many pedestal type basins but never the small ones without the pedestal.
I have to do one this week, but I am worried that it has only two screw holes at the bottom of the basin and these would not be strong enough to hold against the wall. Especially if it is full of water and a child pulls down on it.

Any suggestions on fitting this ? I was thinking of putting some tile grout or silicon on the backup of the basin before fixing it to the wall with screws.

Sponsored Links
Eeehhh, I had one of those. It was held on the wall with two brackets which held the back of the basin. Imagine putting your hands, fingers uppermost, aainst the wall just below the back of the basin so your fingers cover the porcelain web at the back. Not a very good description I know, but then it doesn't matter,...................... it fell off the wall anyway. That's why I was called to sort it. I suggested they got a small basin with a pedistal. They did, and I fitted it. The reason the original came off the wall was a child pulled at the edge.

IF the back is going onto tiles, you could try Gripfill and screwing.
Support the basin while it goes off. :D

If you put plenty on (in squiggly lines) the tiles will have to come off first to get the basin off. :LOL:

BAHCO said:
...........you could try Gripfill and screwing............... :D

Just make sure her husband's not around, and don't forget to fix the basin. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
nice eh not even online and i get the blame somewhere :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
jackson.gif
jackson.gif
jackson.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back