Basin plug won't tighten

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Am fitting my hand basin in the new bathroom and the push basin plug I have will not tighten up.

As can be seen in the picture below, this is taken from underneath the sink. I have tightened the gold plate up to maximum but there is still a gap of a couple of cm above, so the plug is loose

In the picture below, I have pushed up the plug from underneath the sink so it fits flush, leaving a gap as an be seen below:

Does anyone have an idea how I can make this plug fit tight to the basin, ie, tightened up fully from underneath. I have two o-rings, one for above and one for below the sink hole.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming the sink does not have an integral overflow built into the ceramic?

In which case you need an unslotted waste. You have bought a slotted one.

CW2-p.jpg

You connect the bottle trap directly to the waste.

Yes it's unslotted that you need, will have a thread all the way up and no 'slot' for the overflow. Not quite sure why the link shows a slotted one but I think it's just ToolStation scrimping on photos as usual.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back