Basin tap plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I bought a basin mixer tap instead of a pair, (then throw one away, as I only need cold) by accident.

I am going to fit it anyway, and want to buy a plug to fill the hot side hole.

Am I correct that it is a 10mm plug? Where can I buy one, please?

Camerart

Sponsored Links
They could be 10mm or 12mm, I have never come across a plug to cap them off at the female inlet. Possible best solution is to cap off a connector tail or connect both tails to the cold water supply.

The tails are normally supplied with the tap.

They could be 10mm or 12mm, I have never come across a plug to cap them off at the female inlet. Possible best solution is to cap off a connector tail or connect both tails to the cold water supply.

The tails are normally supplied with the tap.
Hi P,
I have both tails, but I want to use a plug instead of the tail.
C.

Sponsored Links
Either as newboy or prentice mentions just have both tails on and put a 15mm compression stop end on the hot side or look up 10mm or 12mm stop end caps. You get them for microbore. You may get the male end to fit but whether there's enough space on the base of the tap to accommodate that and the tail too. It would also need sealed with PTFE or Loctitie 55.

Hi,
I found that they are made of brass, so I sawed off the tap end (After removing the rubber seal), filled the centre hole with solder and it works.
Thanks for all suggestions.
C.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back