Basin waste and traps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm renovating the downstairs cloakroom and am replacing a corner sink for a normal (non-corner) handwash basin.

The old baisin had a 32mm s-trap which went down into drainage pipes buried in the screed ('70s house) directly below the basin. I need to join to this existing pipework but the new basin will be a couple of feet away from the corner where the drain is.

At the moment, my plan is as follows:

1. Fit a bottle trap to the bottom of the new basin and have a vertical waste pipe coming out of it using a 90deg bend.

2. When the 32mm pipe gets near the floor, use 2 x 92.5 deg bends to move them across the couple of feet needed to reach the existing drain.

3. Box the pipe in to hide it.

I'm really wondering if this would be acceptable under building regulations. Most of what I can find relates to soil stacks, which doesn't seem to be applicable here. So far, I'm think I need a bottle trap with a 76mm water seal, which might as well be anti-siphon too. I plan to solvent weld the rest of the 32mm pipework.

Can someone tell me if this is OK, or point me towards the appropriate documents etc?

Cheers,
Gareth

Sponsored Links
Yeh aslong as there is a constant drop on the pipework you will be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back