Basin waste into pan connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm remodelling my bathroom and am moving the basin to a different wall - far away from the original basin (and bath) waste.

I'm thinking of using one of these http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plu...ng+90+Bend+with+32mm+Outlet/d20/sd2887/p88745
I've read that these can break the seal in the basin trap, causing smells to come through the basin. Couldn't find much info on whether this will definitely be an issue and what to use to cure it. Any advice appreciated.
My basin is a wall hung type so I'm using an exposed chrome bottle trap.

Many Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
I have just fitted the exact same one. I haven't had an issue yet. But its fitted in the downstairs toilet. If you wash your hands after every flush there won't be a problem. :)

Sponsored Links
I've read that these can break the seal in the basin trap, causing smells to come through the basin.
If, and it's a big if, it does you could fit an in-line anti-vac or even a Hepvo.

Anti-Vacuum-Accessory_medium.jpg

SHepvo_002.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back