Basin waste pipe to soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm in the process of renewing my bathroom suite but i wish to move the position of the basin. The existing waste pipe from the basin goes directly through the floor boards and into the main waste pipe from the toilet to the soil stack. To be able to reposition the basin i need to either a) twist the main soil pipe soil so that i can then run the pipe under the boards and then up to where the new pedestal position will be or b) cap off the old boss that is already there and cut a new boss hole. My dilemma is there is not much room between the soil pipe and the joists to be able to drill a new boss hole and i can't seem to make the damn thing budge to be able to twist it. I could really do with some advice on this. Or any other ideas as to how to get round this would be of great help.
Thanx
Raven :eek:)

Sponsored Links
You can buy a toilet pan connector with a boss fitting on the top.
If possible, you can run your basin waste into this.
:D

Hi
Thanx for the quick reply.
Umm I think I may have forgotten to mention that my toilet is in the next room. Would your suggestion still work?

<------- Blonde Essex girl here (nowt between the ears lol)

How far from basin to toilet pan?, and would you be able to run waste pipe to the pan? :D

I love Essex blondes by the way :oops:

Sponsored Links
Even if you could turn that pipe, the boss would then be on the side. This is not a good idea because there is a chance that toilet crud will lodge in your basin waste. Can you attach a new boss on top of the pipe near a wall then bring the basin waste up and along the wall?

PS: Sod's law says there's a door in the way!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back