basin water mixer michanisms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I've had a customer who wants me to fit a two tap mixer onto his basin. I've had a look around and these are very rare, the few that do exist are very expensive.

However i was working on a house a while back where they had two standard taps on the basin, but below the basin, the pipework was connected to a small device which mixes the hot and cold water, giving you wrm/hot wateron both taps. Does anyone know what these devices are called and where they can be purchased from?

Sponsored Links
Thermostatic Mixing Valve (TMV) or thermostatic blending valve. (The first is correct terminology as the scheme is called TMV Scheme. TMV2 valves are for domestic applications, TMV3 for NHS and other healthcare establishments.)

It is connected to the hot and cold feed to the basin then to the hot tap only to prevent scalding water coming out of the hot tap.................NOT to provide warm water to both taps.

29695.jpg

tmv23_m.jpg

Rare?

Bristan:
Quadrant
Twist
Artisan
Assure
Collonial

Pegler:
Morea
Sequel
Izzi
Xia
Slique

Two manufacturers, 10 styles. As rare as that. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back