Bastards have nicked my tools

I don't even like lending tools out. it's a bit like a stranger fondling your "essentials" to me. To paraphrase the film full metal jacket, this is my (insert tool) there are many like it, but this one is mine.

I'm the same nor do I borrow, the onus to replace anything that's damaged during my activies with them and I've found when I have had knackered gear back they won't willingly replace it so I just don't go down that route.

It's worse when it's other 'trades men'. Shouldn't they have this stuff? The job I'm currently on I'm having one chap come to me all the time to "borrow" new SDS bits and impact screw bits etc etc. I just say no now. I'm sure he intended to replace them but to get to screwfix you have to go past the pub...

Sponsored Links
Just seen this on a different site:

"I was told by a friend when I asked to borrow a chain saw.
DO YOU LOAN YOUR WIFE I said No He replied I DON'T LOAN MY TOOLS.
Good answer i thought."

Andy

I'm the same nor do I borrow, the onus to replace anything that's damaged during my activies with them and I've found when I have had knackered gear back they won't willingly replace it so I just don't go down that route.

It's worse when it's other 'trades men'. Shouldn't they have this stuff? The job I'm currently on I'm having one chap come to me all the time to "borrow" new SDS bits and impact screw bits etc etc. I just say no now. I'm sure he intended to replace them but to get to screwfix you have to go past the pub...

ditto. borrowing is as bad as lending. same reasons.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back