Bath Filling & Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have just purchased a new freestanding bath and am looking at filling & waste options. I have had a bit of a weird idea and wondered if someone could tell me if it was possible/sensible. I basically want to use the bath waste to both fill and act as waste (to minimise stuff in the bathroom.. i.e. floor standing filler/spout). My thinking would be that I could connect it something like this:
upload_2018-10-9_23-41-30.png

I know you can use the overflow as a filler, but you still need to get the water to that, which would be visible in my case (which i want to avoid).

Would appricate thoughts on whether this is possible/sensible. Im not sure of any back pressure issues that need to be considered.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The filling of the bath via the waste pipe will push the remnants of the last bath out of the U bend and into the bath.

Hence not sensible

Can't remember the model Crosswater Whisp rings bells though.

To have a bubble bath I have to remove the top disc which means because my house runs at 4 bar water pressure, the jet hits the ceiling initially :LOL:

Sponsored Links
So much opinion. So little knowledge.

Yes Danny Boy I am aware there are special "waste pipes" that are designed to fill a bath with clean water as well as draining it. It would appear that the OP is not thinking about such a device.

Perhaps you could be really helpful to the OP and provide details of the device in the video you posted

Can't remember the model Crosswater Whisp rings bells though.

To have a bubble bath I have to remove the top disc which means because my house runs at 4 bar water pressure, the jet hits the ceiling initially :LOL:

Been looking for that too... cant seem to find it anywhere.

Perhaps you could be really helpful to the OP and provide details of the device in the video you posted

Perhaps you could read my second post?

It is the Whisp, but not sure if it is discontinued. I might be minded to part with mine though as I do like my bubbles and there is only so many baked beans I can consume.. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back