Bath hot tap pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few months ago we had our conventional boiler replaced with a combi (Worcester Greenstar 29Cdi classic), hot water tank removed, etc. Most of the hot taps around the house are now pretty much at mains pressure, but the hot bath tap seems like a trickle in comparison (although I should time how long it takes to fill a jug with this vs a sink tap!). I'm assuming this is due to the size of the "spout" and/or the 22mm pipe from the airing cupboard?

We are thinking about replacing the suite and installing a shower - probably just bath shower mixer taps. Would such a shower suffer the same pressure problem?

Sponsored Links
The pressure is exactly what it is at the other outlets. Your experiencing poor flow in relation to the old system and your installer should have run you through this at the survey stage.

Yes, the spout is the culprit for this perception.

Yes, the spout is the culprit for this perception.

So a shower fed from a bath shower mixer tap would still be at a decent pressure?

The pressure is exactly what it is at the other outlets. Your experiencing poor flow in relation to the old system and your installer should have run you through this at the survey stage.

We were warned pre-installation about combi issues such as slow bath filling. It's a pain but we've learned to live with it. It's only our little girl that uses the bath (we use an ensuite shower), and once we get the bathroom done I'm hoping she'll start using the new shower instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back