Bath legs short

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Chaps

I'm a DIYer and currently installing an Ideal Standard bath, and I'm worried that I got the wrong legs with the bath. The legs are not enough to reach the timber support under the bath even with the black plastic insert. Please see picture circled red. The gap is about 2 cm. Is it how it should be, or should I contact Ideal Standard?

Thanks ever so much for your help.

Thanks

Nish

bath1.jpg

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo and welcome nish75:D:D:D

your contract
is with the place or company you bought it from
that is your first port off call

Yup, contact Ideal if direct, or the shop that supplied them. Send them the photo even, I'm sure new legs will then be on the way.

I take it that this is not usual then. I will contact them. Many thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
whilst they may relent they don't have to as there contract is not with you unless you bought it direct from them ??

You need to fit the black plastic insert on timber first then the metal frame go in, fit first to bath base then screw in black insert to metal frame.

Daniel.

The plastic ends are about 10cm long and will cover the gaps which are 2-4cm long. But then the legs will not go all the way in the plastic end and will not provide support. This is what I'm worried about. Is this usual?

You've fitted the bath upside down:mrgreen:

I think you'll find that's how it is supposed to be and u fit the plastic bottles to the bath and do the securing screw up.
Contact ideal to check though.

Good spot gasservice!
Will need to wait until Tue to call.
Further thoughts anybody else?

Thanks you all guys. Any more confirmation would put my mind to rest even more. Ta

The side frame of the cradle is supposed to meet up with the plastic connectors, they are then meant to meet and be fixed to the wooden blocks on the side of the bath, if they don't reach the wooden blocks then it's the wrong size and wont provide the correct side support.

You could always create wooden blocks to bridge the gap of course.

M-2015-2-18--7-18-44-879.jpg

Follow stardanny and gas service 1985 advice. As said this is normal and how most bath legs are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back