Bath mixer -hot tap problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When i turn my hot tap on water trickles out then stops!
Could this be a lime scale build up on the valve {creating a blockage?}
resulting in a replacement?
The hand basin adjacent to the bath has good pressure and no problems

Any help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Possible air lock.

Post in the plumbing section for more accurate advice.

Could be one of several things. Is this a recent occurrence? If you post a picture then it may help.

I had a similar problem with a kitchen tap recently. A few people here suggested that it may be a problem with the washer or a sticking jumper (I think!), so I took the tap apart, washer was fine, but after re-assembly, the tap works a treat now.

Sponsored Links
The jumper is the part of the tap insert that holds the rubber washer in place. It allows the tap insert to rotate but keeps the washer still.
When you turn the tap off the jumper is forced down over a drilling, causing the water to stop flowing.
The washer may be a push fit over a peg or there may be a small brass nut holding it on.
So, if there isn't an airlock, either your tap washer has split and splayed, blocking the flow, or the jumper isn't releasing. Dismantle and enjoy....!
Hope this helps
John :)

Cheers Burnerman - plumbing's not really my area (actually, IT is my area) so appreciate the non-technical explanation :)

Don,t think its an air pocket as is exactly the same each time,
so will have a go at stripping the valve as this sounds like a good explanation
apologies for posting in wrong section was a bit rushed last night
Cheers for alll your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back